Wine Tastings, by Theme
- 3 hours, € 270 (recommended) or 2 hours, € 180
- Food and wine consumed to be paid al momento directly to the restaurant
It can be fun and intriguing to organize your wine tasting around a theme. Here are a few possibilities to consider:
- Viaggio in Italia (A trip around Italy)
- Follow us in a tasty trip around Italy, touching the most famous and interesting wine regions and their unique expressions. From Piedmont to Tuscany, from Veneto to Sicily: this is a unique chance to feel all the richness of a country through the wines and the stories of exceptional winemakers. A journey made of mountains and sea, sun and fog, rocks and flowers, as amazing as Italy!
- A Few Steps Away (the Veneto) ...
- Venice is surrounded by some of the best wine areas in Italy: Valdobbiadene, Valpolicella, Vicenza, Padova, Collio, Carso... like a never-ending vineyard, that changes deeply valley after valley, hill after hill. Grape varieties and wine-making techniques, soils and terroirs, people and stories: this is a chance to discover the beauty of diversity, just a few steps away. The Veneto is particularly strong for all types of wine: red, white, rosé, and bubbly.
- All the Colors of White
- Caressed by tiny bubbles or perfectly still, clear or a bit cloudy, light and pale or bright, almost orange, or with golden nuances whispering about sweetness. Learn all about the different shades of white wines through some of the finest expressions coming from the best wine regions in Italy. Ordering "a white" will never be the same again!
- The Journey of Malvasia
- Year 1247, Monemvasia island (Greece): the Venetians obtained the monopoly on sales of the local wines for the whole of Europe. Since then the story of Malvasia wine became part of the story of Venice and of the whole Mediterranean wine culture. The same name for different grape varieties and interpretations that run all along Italy, from the borders with Slovenia to the tiny islands surrounding Sicily. The beauty of surprise, in a journey that never ends.